Teen in double murder ‘was stabbed elsewhere and dumped on estate’, claim neighbours

One of the 16-year-olds knifed to death in a double murder was killed in one location and dumped on an estate, neighbours have claimed.

Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo were fatally stabbed in two linked attacks and their bodies were found just over a mile apart on Saturday evening in Greenwich, South East London.

Eyewitnesses have said Kearne may have already been dead when a car drove onto Titmuss Avenue and dropped him on the ground “like he had been kidnapped”.

A mum and son living opposite the scene said people started shaking him and then attacked the men in the car with machetes before running inside the estate stairwell.

Metropolitan Police officers have said the murders are linked. A 16-year-old was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of both murders.

Their families are being supported by specialist officers.

The mum who has lived on Titmuss Avenue for two years where Kearne was found said she and her son saw a car drive up and dump the young man’s body.

The mum, who did not want to be named said: “I was upstairs, this area is not safe for the kids, not safe at all.

“I saw a car drive up and I and my son saw, we were so scared.

“I saw the boy on the floor and I think he was already dead, because I saw him on the floor and at that moment the police weren’t there.

“I don’t know if they were his friends, but some people started shaking him to see if he’s dead but I think that time he was dead.

“They found him before the police came.

“Maybe if the ambulance came sooner they could have done something, this is not fair because when you call the ambulance they take time before they come. It’s not right.

“16 years old, it’s sad. Imagine that being your son. People hang out here a lot. This area is not good at all.”

Her school-age son said Kearne was taken out of the car “like they had kidnapped him.”

While standing next to his mother the young boy interjected to explain what he saw: “They took him out of the car, like they had kidnapped him.

“I saw them placing him out of the car onto the floor, I think he was already dead.

“I saw two people with machetes, people with machetes who were fighting the guys in the car.

“Then two of them went into the estate.”

Tribute to Charlie flooded in on social media. One wrote: “Rip my beautiful boy. Forever and always will be missed. Love you more than anything I still can’t believe it. Until we meet again my lover.”

She added: “My whole world. I still can’t believe it my one and only lover. You’ll never be replaced. Always in my heart baby boy.” Charlie’s friends shared their condolences and sympathies in the comments, with many saying how much they will miss him.

On Sunday, Metropolitan Police released a statement asking for witnesses who saw a black SUV in the areas surrounding both crime scenes.

Detective Superintendent Richard McDonagh, from the South East Command Unit which includes Greenwich, said: “Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a dark-coloured SUV or 4×4 type vehicle with distinctive silver roof bars in the areas around Sewell Road or Titmuss Avenue in the days before, and prior to the murders.”